The Seneca County Industrial Development Agency and several Finger Lakes historical societies are marking the 70th anniversary of the former Seneca Army Depot with a series of programs.
The 9,500-acre site, once used to store nuclear weapons, closed in 2000. The Seneca County IDA has since worked to redevelop the site and attract tenants.
The first program will be at 7:30 p.m. April 12 at the Ulysses Historical Society, 39 South St. in Trumansburg, Tompkins County. Seneca County Historian Walt Gable will discuss why Seneca County was selected for such large-scale military construction. This first program will be repeated at 7 p.m. May 3 at the Seneca Falls Historical Society, 55 Cayuga St.
For more information, contact Gable at (315) 539-1785 or firstname.lastname@example.org.